Most Americans have no idea or knowledge of what Freemasonry is or its purpose. They are ignorant of the important historical role Freemasonry has played in the founding this country and influencing the start and outcome of the French Revolution in 1789. Most Americans see the Masons as some harmless fraternal organization that does benevolent acts and provides charity for the needy. However, here are a few historical facts that prove the influence of the Masons in establishing America.
• Masons of the St. John’s Tea Party Lodge and the St. Andrew Lodge dressed up like Indians, carried out the Boston Tea Party, which occurred before the American Revolution, December 16, 1773.
• Of the 56 signers of the “Declaration of Independence,” between 55 to 53 were Freemasons according to the A. Ralph Epperson’s book The Unseen Hand and Jim Marr’s book Rule by Secrecy.
• Of the 55 members of the Constitutional Convention, all but 5 were Masons and the majority of the members of the Continental Congress were also Masons (New World Order by William Still, p. 61).
• “All the staff officers Washington trusted were Masons and all the leading generals of the Army were Masons,” according to the book The Unseen Hand (p. 130). According to book New World Order by William Still, twenty-four of George Washington’s major generals were masons and thirty of thirty-three brigadier generals were Masons (p. 61).
• Masons designed The Great Seal of the United States with its esoteric symbols. According to The Unseen Hand (p. 127), these Masons were Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams who also appointed the Continental Congress in July 4, 1776. Professor Charles Eliot Norton of Harvard University said that the Great Seal of the USA was a reflection of the Masonic Fraternity. William Still quoted him. “The device adopted by Congress is practically incapable of effective treatment; it can hardly look otherwise than as a dull emblem of a Masonic Fraternity (p. 66).”
• Mason Benjamin Franklin obtained finances and guns for the American Revolution from leading French Masons and the French government.
• According to the book New World Order: The Ancient Plan of Secret Societies by William T. Still (p. 21), seventeen U.S. Presidents were Masons: Washington, Monroe, Jackson, Polk, Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, Garfield, McKinley, Teddy Roosevelt, Taft, Harding, F. D. Roosevelt, Truman, Lyndon Johnson, Ford, and Reagan. Three other presidents: Jefferson, Pierce, Taylor, are strongly believed to be Masons. According to William T. Still, this information was obtained in the 1951 edition of Holy Bible, Masonic Edition.
• Masons have always had great influence on the U.S. Supreme Court, according to Paul Fisher’s book Behind the Lodge Door. He states: “The record shows that from the inception of the Supreme Court in 1789 through 1940, there never were more than three Masonic justices during term, except on two occasions.” Beginning with Mason President F. D. Roosevelt’s terms, through the first three years of President Richard Nixon’s term, Masons dominated the Court in a ratio of five to four beginning in 1941 to seven to two in 1946 (p. 14).
These are just a few facts that prove the power and influence of Freemasonry in this country. What is astounding is that very few of these facts are in the history books taught to Americans during their educational process. This further shows that the powers that be do not want these facts to be known.
If one doubts the importance of Freemasonry in the history of the world, a comment in an article in the November, 1946 issue of The New Age Magazine, published by the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, proves this fact. Andre Tardieu, former French Premier, states: “Freemasonry does not explain everything; yet, if we leave out its account, the history of our times is unintelligible.” This is why the Disneyland view of history that the masses are taught does not makes sense. Sanitized history dumbs the masses down and gives them a skewed view of history and the world. Nothing makes sense and they are unable to put the dots or events together. Ralph Epperson in his book The New World Order quotes Many P. Hall saying that Freemasonry is “the most powerful organization in the land.”
The papacy of the Roman Catholic Church has condemned Freemasonry and in 1738 Pope Clement XII said Freemasons were their mortal enemy. Pope Leo XXII stated the purpose of the Freemasons was the“overthrow of the religions, political and social order based on Christian institutions and the establishment of a state of things based on pure naturalism.”
The question that should be asked is: since so many American presidents were and are Freemasons, why is their so little known about Masons? For those who have done the research, they know that the Freemasons are the largest and oldest secret organization in the modern world.
Webster’s New World Dictionary defines “Freemason” as “n. a member of an international secret society having as its principles brotherliness, charity, and mutual aid; Also Free and Accepted Mason”
The dictionary also defined Freemasonry as follows. “Freemasonry is a science of symbols, in which by their proper study....”
This article will deal briefly with the origin and structure of Freemasonry, their beliefs, and evidence of their conspiracy
By DeVita Brown
Edited by: Dr. Lee Warren
What is Freemasonry? What is a Secret Society?
History of Freemasonry - Ancient roots of Masonry
Craft of Masonry
Do Freemasons fall into one of three groups?
Structure of the Freemasonry
Freemasonry, the Universal Religion
God of the Freemasonry
What is the Mystery of the light of Freemasonry?
Other Beliefs of Masons Important figures an/or events in Free Masonic History
Secrets and Power of the Masons Revealed
Are Freemasons and Secret societies operating by a pattern?
What are the goals of the Freemasonry?